Commonly Asked Questions About Repairs

What repairs am I responsible for?

Leaseholders are responsible for maintaining the inside of their property.

This includes:

  • Floor surfaces including floorboards
  • Ceilings and plaster board
  • Plaster or plasterboard to the walls
  • Window frame repairs – Glass in the windows and fittings not included
  • All doors and frames inside the flat, including the front and back doors
  • Pipes, wires and cables that service your property only
  • Decorations inside the property
  • All fixtures and fittings inside the property, including plumbing, sinks, bath and toilet
  • Electrical and gas appliances

What repairs are Lambeth Council responsible for?

  • Repairs to structure including your Roof
  • Repairs to the outside of your property and common areas
  • Blockages to waste pipes external to your property
  • Burst or leaking pipes external to your property

How do I report a repair?

Leaseholders can report a repair in exactly the same way as council Residents. Please refer to the repairs section of the Leaseholders handbook or Cowley RMO Welcome Pack.